- Employment Opportunities
The Town of Kingston aims to attract, retain, and develop talented and diverse individuals. Being part of the employment team of the Town of Kingston is a great opportunity not only for your career, but to be part of the greater good impacting our residents and businesses. Available positions open throughout the year therefore, you are encouraged to visit the Employment Page often.
For open positions at Kingston Elementary School or Kingston Intermediate School please visit Silver Lake Regional School District Employment and follow their application procedure.
Application procedure for Town Employment
To be considered an applicant you need to submit your application materials for a specific posted opening. For some openings, a résumé is required. In all cases, an employment application is required.
Application materials can be:
- Emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org,
- Mailed to the Town of Kingston Town House Attn: Human Resources, 26 Evergreen Street
- Hand delivered to the Human Resources Office located on the second floor of the Town House.
The Town of Kingston is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans/M/F. We encourage Veterans and those with Disabilities to apply. Applications are reviewed confidentially. Applicants that require accommodation in the job application process are encouraged to contact the Human Resources Office as needed for assistance.
Both, positions in one of the unions (link to union page) and in Wage and Personnel (link) with openings are posted. Understanding the compensation program in the Town where union and bylaw positions have a 10 Step Salary Range within each designated Grade, the full range is listed in the posting, however, starting salaries are determined by a number of factors including internal equity.
Employment offers are contingent upon
- Satisfactory CORI and or SORI check
- Provision of the necessary identification forms to satisfy the requirements to the U.S. Immigration Reform Act
- Physical determination which may include a drug screening
- Formal appointment by the applicable Town board
- Successful completion of a six-month probationary period
Looking forward to working with you!