Duties & Responsibilities
The Town Clerk's Office serves as the focal point of the Town Government. General information, direction, and assistance is provided to all citizens or others having business with the Town. The Town Clerk's Office is the municipal archival for the filing, maintenance, disposition, and preservation of most Town records and materials. The Town Clerk is responsible for all voter registration, election preparation, execution, and reporting of election results to the public and appropriate authorities.
- Administers the oath of office to all elected and appointed officials.
- Conducts with the Board of Registrars annual town census and compiles street, school, and jury lists.
- Conducts with the Board of Registrars election activities, including voter registration, absentee & early voting.
- Issues licenses and permits, including marriage licenses, burial permits, permits for raffles and bazaars, dog licenses, and fuel storage permits.
- Posts meetings of all government bodies.
- Records and certifies Planning and Zoning Board decisions.
- Records and certifies town meeting legislation and appropriations.
- Records and provides certified copies of vital records: birth, death, and marriage records.
- Records business certificates.
- Responds to inquiries from the general public.
Town Clerk Fees
The following is a partial listing of fees for obtaining licenses and permits from the Kingston Town Clerk. All prices are subject to change.
|Certificate||Street Listings (Resident - 2021 Sold out)||$10|
|Certificate||Street Listings (Non-Resident)||$20|
|Dog Licenses||Late Fee (after March 15)||$20|
|Other||Street Maps (folded-Sold out)||$2|
|Other||Street Maps (flat-Sold out)||$5|
|Other||Planning Board Rules and Regulations||$25|
|Other||Lottery and Raffle Permits||$25|