Agendas and Minutes
Agendas filed and posted at least 48 hours prior to the meeting. Minutes are available following approval.
What Do We Do?
The Board of Health is a municipal agency dedicated to the promotion and protection of the public health within the community. In order to achieve public health, the Board of Health is involved in many aspects of the community including prevention, planning, and enforcement.
As agents of the Board of Health, the Kingston Health Department provides prevention to the community through Adult Immunization Programs, Domestic Abuse Resource and Referrals for victims, Food Establishment Inspections, Health Screenings for all residents, Bathing Beach Water Quality Testing, Communicable Disease Surveillance, and Tobacco Control.
The Board of Health develops procedures from which safeguards are instituted by regulation, to protect the public and environment from potential hazards. Planning and regulation development includes such activities as permitting for Septic System Installations, Private Well Construction Permits, Building Permits, Rabies Investigation, Local Emergency Planning, and Right-To-Know programs. We are dedicated to bringing the community the best services available by collaborating with other town agencies.
Code enforcement plays an important public health role. Health Department investigations into Housing Complaints, Food Establishment Inspections, Tanning Salons, Camp Inspections, Group Daycare Inspections, Nuisance Complaints, Tobacco Law Enforcement and Hazardous Material matters all make a "public health" difference on the services and products you receive as a consumer.
All permits are valid for the calendar year expiring December 31st of each year. There is a $100 late fee for any permit application received after December 31st. Businesses must be in good standing with the Town of Kingston. If taxes are owed, permits will not be issued. Please scroll down for applications.
Food Related Permit Applications
- BED AND BREAKFAST APPLICATION
- CATERING APPLICATION
- CHECK LIST FOR FOOD RETAIL AND ESTABLISHMENT
- FARMER'S MARKET APPLICATION
- FOOD ESTABLISHMENT PLAN REVIEW APPLICATION *Required for new establishments
- FOOD SERVICE AND/OR FOOD RETAIL APPLICATION **NEW ESTABLISHMENTS must fill out a Food Establishment Plan Review Form. See Check List**
- FROZEN DESSERTS/ICE CREAM APPLICATION
- MILK AND CREAM APPLICATION
- *MOBILE TRUCK INSPECTION REQUIREMENTS
- MOBILE FOOD/ICE CREAM TRUCK APPLICATION
- ONE DAY EVENT APPLICATION
- PEGGY'S KITCHEN CATERING APPLICATION
- RESIDENTIAL KITCHEN APPLICATION
- TOBACCO APPLICATION
- SEPTAGE HAULER APPLICATION
- CAMPS, MOTELS, TRAILER COACH PARKS APPLICATION
- INSTALLERS APPLICATION
- PERCOLATION TEST APPLICATION
- PRIVATE POOL APPLICATION
- PUBLIC POOLS APPLICATION
- RUBBISH APPLICATION
- TANNING APPLICATION
- TATTOO, BODY ART, MICROBLADING - FACILITY APPLICATION
- TATTOO, BODY ART, MICROBLADING - INDIVIDUAL APPLICATION
- VARIANCE APPLICATION
- WELL APPLICATION
- What is PFAS - Testing well water
- Aerial Spraying of Pesticides (PDF)
- Do Your Part - Be Septic Smart
- Do Your Part - Be Septic Smart Do and Dont
- Final BOH Non-Commercial Farm Animal Regulations
- Plastic Bag Bylaw 5-14-2022 (PDF)
- Private Hauler Regulations
- Responding to Vomiting and Diarrhea in Food Establishments